If you are a small business owner who is looking for ways to grow your business, then a blog may be the tool you need to achieve your business goals.
As a small business owner you should always be on the lookout for ways to improve your business and move it forward to new levels. Who doesn’t want to find new and better ways to connect with their audience? Blogging is the way to go! This user and search engine friendly technology makes a great addition to any marketing plan.
Why Your Business Needs a Blog…
- To Connect with Your Audience – A blog gives you a tool to connect with your audience on a more consistent and personal level. Through your articles, you can be a resource for your audience. You can keep people up to date on what is cutting edge and the new and improved things that your business has to offer.
- To Drive Traffic – Search engines love fresh content. Through blogging you can capitalize on SEO tactics and social networking strategies. The end result is a boost in traffic and ultimately profits.
- To Increase Awareness – In addition to your current marketing strategy, blogging include articles, advertising, direct mail, and autoresponders, a blog increases awareness of your company. This increases your opportunities both to expand your expertise, grow your customer base and also your partnership and business opportunities.
7 Great Reasons to Set Up Your Own Blog Today
Maybe you need a few more reasons why blogging works. Here are seven things to get you thinking about this great tool to connect with and grow your audience.
- Search Engine Marketing – Blogs are one of the foremost tools you can use to draw ORGANIC search engine traffic to your blog. Organic search engine traffic comes simply through people who find your website by typing in a keyword or keyword phrase.
- Direct Connection – Blogs allow you to connect with your audience in a manner that’s different than articles and social networking. As I shared earlier, a blog is more personal and intimate.
- Brand Building – We buy from people we like and feel that we can relate to. Proper branding and personality marketing is easily achieved through your blog.
- Niche Specific – Your blog allows you to fine tune your niche to a very specific market and audience. Whatever your niche may be, people looking for the quality information that you share will be appreciated and they may wind up sharing it with others through social media or other avenues.
- Media & Public Relations – Blogs are great tools for the media to get to know you and what you offer. They will then be more likely to contact you. Today journalists and even advertisers are looking at blogs more than ever before because bloggers stay on the pulse of what is going on right now.
- Expert Status – A blog provides you with one more opportunity for publication and the capability to showcase your knowledge and expertise. The bottom line is that people tend to buy from people they perceive to be experts.
- Low cost – Blogs offer a low startup cost seeing as though all you need is a domain name and hosting. With those two things you can be up and running with minimum time investment.
Blogging is a great way to build a business whether it’s a standalone blog or as a part of your business website. If you are not blogging then you need to be! Create a plan, write your content and start connecting with your market in a new way.