I have worked on numerous WordPress websites for clients, using free, premium, and completely custom themes. After many trials and tribulations, I now almost exclusively use the Genesis Framework by StudioPress for website and blog development and here’s why:
- A ton of great child themes with customizable templates and layouts (but you can leave all that to me) 🙂
- Clean code for smooth operation (html5)
- Easy security and updates
- Built in search engine optimization
- Fast load time
- Ideal for mobile devices
The diagram below lays out, visually, how it works.
- WordPress is the engine that runs your blog.
- Genesis is the frame and body (framework) that houses the engine.
- Studiopress themes are the “skin” or paint job that gives your website its sex appeal.
The Genesis framework uses child themes, which are like skins that sit on top of the framework. Instead of making changes to the framework itself, all customizations are made to the child theme.
StudioPress themes include a number of page layouts that allow each page to be individually customized without additional code. This allows for quick creation of any of a number of page designs within the site.
Many of the Genesis child themes have a built in landing page template option. A landing page is a dedicated page on your site with no distractions, such as: navigation bar, header, footer, sidebar, etc. You can use the landing page to sell your products or services.
Ongoing Theme Development
Oftentimes when you purchase random WordPress themes online you run the risk of support issues, companies disappearing over night, or buying a membership for a bunch of themes only to find out that the theme catalog has not been updated in a long time. This is not the case with StudioPress. They release new themes very regularly and update their framework on a regular basis as well.
Updates and Security
You’ve heard the endless horror stories of website hacking and identity theft. The best way to combat this threat and keep your WordPress site secure is to stay on top of updates. I cannot stress this enough. I have dealt with way too many WordPress site problems that could’ve been avoided with simple maintenance.
WordPress does 3-4 core updates per year. When WordPress updates, premium plugin and theme developers are supposed to release new versions in order to be compatible with each new update. Unfortunately, this is not always the case and oftentimes a plugin or theme that has NOT been updated accordingly can cause major problems and sometimes can completely break a website. So, you, as the business owner, need to make sure you are choosing a theme that offers lifetime updates, to minimize the risk of getting hacked or encountering errors on your site.
StudioPress brought in a security expert and core WordPress developer to make sure the Genesis Framework had the best security possible. StudioPress built their framework to follow all WordPress security best practices. When a new WordPress version is released with up to date features and security fixes, the Genesis Framework is immediately updated to support these new features. Frequent updates means improved WordPress security; if security holes are discovered within the Genesis Framework, StudioPress fixes them instantly.
Built in Search Engine Optimization
- Clean Code – Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is what you want so Google and other search engines find your key words and get you to the top of the search mountain. This starts with having CLEAN CODE. Google and other engines like clear, easy-to-understand directions to place your key search words at the top of every user’s search results. The Genesis Framework uses a common language for all themes and applications. Genesis 2.0 also uses HTML5 coding instead of the older XHTML code giving them a technological advantage over themes that still use older code. More readers = more fame and fortune for you!
- Fast Load Time – Whether you know it or not, how fast a website downloads is critical these days. A lot of website traffic comes from Google searches, and one of the factors Google uses to determine which search results to show on their pages is how fast the site loads. So it is VERY important that your site loads quickly.
Ipads, Iphones, Droids, Tablets, and more. They come in all shapes and sizes. Your website had BETTER display properly on them or you’re missing out on a huge audience. Being mobile responsive means that your website adjusts to these various screen sizes of smartphones and tablet computers. The Genesis Framework has a built-in feature that recognizes the user device by determining resolutions and pixel sizes and adjusting it to fit the screen accordingly.
Free Support and Lifetime Theme Updates
- Trusted Source – If you use Genesis, you aren’t buying a theme from some random developer across the globe who doesn’t respond to your emails. The team at StudioPress is committed to keeping Genesis working exactly as it should and they aren’t going anywhere.
- Theme Updates – Let’s say you install Genesis and a child theme, then make major changes to the child theme’s files. A week later, your WordPress dashboard tells you the Genesis framework is ready to be updated. Do you have to panic about whether the update will break your beautiful site? NOPE! You can always update the framework safely because your customizations are stored in the child theme’s files. Since Genesis child themes are more of a paint job, any functionality changes in the update won’t affect the way your site looks.
- Awesome Support – If you purchase the theme yourself through Studiopress, then you get unlimited support FOREVER. If you have questions, just get onto their support forum or submit a ticket, and they will help you out! You also get FREE updates FOREVER. When they come out with Genesis 3.0, 4.0, 5,0, or 100.0, you get to upgrade, FOR FREE for the life of your site. How awesome is that?
In my WordPress packages, I include the theme but keep in mind that you will not have your own account with access to the support. Instead you would have to go through me to troubleshoot any theme issues or questions that you might have which might actually be more beneficial and take the pressure off of you to have to fix the problem. I can fix it FOR you! The choice is yours.
Click here to purchase the Genesis Framework by Studiopress. Keep in mind that it is an affiliate link so I will get a certain percentage which is always nice. Hint Hint. 🙂
Even with all the benefits that Studiopress brings to your blogging, you only have to remember one thing – you ultimately save time and money!
Rock solid, dependable, easy to customize, robust security, stable framework, and lots of different themes to choose from, that’s StudioPress!
So what are you waiting for? Contact me today for more information on how you can kick your blog or website up a notch with a site design or makeover that utilizes the AWESOME Genesis Framework by Studiopress!