I found this on Pinterest (my new favorite place) and thought it would be something helpful for those of you planning a new website landing page design. This is a visual breakdown of the most important elements that should be considered when planning the design of a landing page. Some of these points can apply for regular homepages as well. It also shares some helpful tips on color and what each one represents.
This info graphic was originally posted on www.formstack.com
Here is a quick breakdown on the elements that should be considered when designing a website landing page:
- Page Headlines & Copy – Should be consistent and complimentary
- Clear & Concise Headlines – Should hold the reader’s attention and compell them to read more
- Impeccable Grammar – Make sure there are no spelling or grammatical errors
- Taking Advantage of Trust Indicators – Build trust by including testimonials, security certification, etc
- Use a Strong Call to Action – Clear message so that reader knows what to do next
- Buttons and Call to Action should stand out and placed below the call to action
- Go easy on the Links – limit distractions by keeping it simple
- Use Images and Video that relate to Copy
- Keep it Above the Fold – The most important parts of the page should be easily seen before the visitor has to scroll down
- Always Test – update & change images, video, and content to see what works better and what gets you more conversions
Definitely great tips!