The decision you have to make when it comes to choosing a hosting company for your WordPress website, is important. You want to choose a host that is there when you need them and gives you everything you need for your website building and maintenance purposes. Your business needs a reliable, and easy to use, host.
- Step One: Research the possibilities. Look for dependable hosts based on ease of use, reliability, longevity and most of all customer service. You want a website host that will be with you for the long haul so you don’t have to ever switch hosts.
- Step Two: The elimination process. There are few that don’t support WordPress, so you really need to find out ahead of time if they offer support for WordPress sites. Some may claim that they do, but then when you run into a problem in the future, you will find out the hard way that they actually cannot help. So do your research first and ask others who have WordPress sites. If you can take a trial or explore their administrative panel before signing up, do so because you want to make sure it is something you can work with or learn easily. Make sure it’s easy for you to use and understand or that they offer tutorials to help you get started. If not, eliminate them. There are too many other user friendly hosts out there than to bother with one that has a steep learning curve.
- Step Three: Compare and Choose. Assuming you now have a short lists of possibilities, compare costs. Which one is the most budget friendly? Some people also recommend testing the customer service at this point. Ask a question and see how they respond. Are they prompt? Courteous? Was the customer service process easy to use and understand?
Here is a breakdown of a few popular hosting companies for WordPress:
- HostGator: Hostgator hosting service is my FIRST suggestion. They are reliable, reasonably priced, environmentally friendly, and best of all, their customer service is excellent! With prices starting at $4.95 per month, it is worth noting that all web hosting plans with a 45 day money back guarantee and 99.9% uptime guarantee. Each package comes with unlimited disk space and bandwidth as well. This one is my personal fave. If you click the ad on the bottom of my right sidebar and sign up, I get some nice affiliate love!
- BlueHost: Starting at $6.95 with unlimited storage and bandwidth, BlueHost provides a wide variety of services suitable for the needs of individuals and small to medium sized business owners. For anyone looking for the best hosting plan at a very affordable price, they offer a great solution. With a quality customer service department, free demos, and a host of awards for customer service and support, this is definitely one company you should consider for all your web hosting needs. This great company was also voted Best Web Hosting for 2011.
- HostMonster: Like Bluehost and HostGator, HostMonster offers unlimited domains, space and bandwidth with a starting price of $7.95. After a visit to the HostMoster’s professional looking website, you will quickly discover why they are among the best. Now in their 11th year of business, HostMonster provides hosting packages for businesses and individuals that want high-powered, but affordable web hosting services.
Before making your final choice, give anyone your credit card info, or buy a hosting package, you want to be sure to read the terms of service. Once you’ve made your decision, you’re then ready to direct your domain, set up your WordPress site, create a custom design, add content, and start blogging. And if you are still not sure or need help getting started, we can help you every step of the way!
If your site is not a WordPress site but using a different format such as html, Yahoo is a great web hosting service option.