A custom logo design can be quite an in-depth process, especially when a client comes to us with little or no direction. Sometimes a client will know EXACTLY what they want and provide us with LOTS of great info and thorough answers to our questions. But some clients have no clue what they want. Every client is different. Either way, we are here to help.
Logo Design Questions:
When a new client comes to us with a logo design request, we start by sending them to fill out our detailed logo design questionnaire.
- How would you describe your business, services and/or products?
- What’s the age range of your target customer base?
- Is there a unique story behind your business, or business name?
- What sets you apart from your competitors?
- Who is your ideal customer, reader, or subscriber?
- What three words would you want a customer to use to describe your business?
- Wording to be included in design (Business Name / Tagline) Please specify if you want a tagline included
- What word do you want to be the focal point in the design?
- How would you like the typography / font style to appear? (Example: script, bold, light, hand drawn, boxey, mixed, etc)
- What designs appeal to you and why? Provide links if possible
- Color Specifications (what colors do you like and what colors do you NOT like?)
- Do you have any specific imagery, graphic, or icon in mind for your logo? Please share the first few things that come to mind. And feel free to attach any ideas for images below or share the link url.
- What logo designs appeal to you and why? Please include links and don’t forget to explain what you like specifically)
- What overall message do you want your logo to convey?
- Where will your logo be used primarily? (Example: Print, Web, Signage, etc)
These questions are essential so that we can better understand what our clients are envisioning. The company description helps us to get a clear picture as to the type of design that would be the perfect fit for that particular business.
Color specifications are also important. Some companies already have a website and want us to match the colors accordingly. But for others, we are starting from scratch, so asking about the client’s color preferences are key in coming up with a color palette that the client will be happy with.
Here is an example of a color pallet that we worked with while coming up with logo design concepts for one client.
A great place to create custom color schemes is this site: www.colorschemedesigner.com. We also posted recently on some great inspiration and ideas for choosing the best colors for your website which might be helpful in the process.
Design (Illustrations, Fonts, Layout):
We do not do digital illustration. We do not create custom illustrations or icons from scratch unless it is a simple geometric design. We mainly use images that we find from stock sites such as dreamstime.com or istock.com and customize them to fit into the overall design (colors, layout, etc). The purchase of one image or illustration is included in our pricing.
We can change colors of some illustrations. Here is an example of that. This client had a color palette in mind so we adjusted the illustration that we found to match the color palette.
Here is an example of 4 logo design concepts that have different fonts and icons included in each. But as you can see, they all have the same layout and orientation.
Here is an example of a logo design concept with three different layouts, but using the same icon.
Concepts & Revisions:
Our $225 logo pricing includes 6 different logo design concepts to choose from. Once a design is chosen, we allow for one major revision on the design of choice. Each additional revision is $25. If a client is wanting an additional set of 6 design concepts the cost is $175 per set.
Logo Image Files:
The final logo image is provided to our clients in a high resolution .png image (transparent background) and a .jpg image (white background). We do NOT provide editable files (such as .psd or .ai) In the future, if you need changes done to your design, we would be happy to provide that for you for a minimal fee. If you need your logo as a vector file such as a .eps or .svg, we can vectorize the logo for an additional $25.
Let us help you build your BRAND!
When a client comes to us looking for a logo design, we do our best to come up with ideas and concepts that will best fit the creation and evolution of their “BRAND”. As you can see from our extensive Logo Design Portfolio, our designs are all simple, unique and very different. We GET what the client is trying to represent and our designs show that.
If you or anyone you know is interested in a custom logo design, please Contact Us Today. We would be happy to work with you to come up with a design that would best fit your needs. We look forward to working with you!