If you don’t have people interested in your business and what you do, how can you grow your business? It is important to be able to have the ability to continually provide your clients or even potential clients with information on what you have to offer and how you can help them. You can do all the specials you want and create new products and services, but if you don’t have people seeing what you do, you might as well forget about building and growing your business. List building is one of the best ways to grow your business
Here are some helpful tips to use as you are getting started…
Building your list first consists of signing up for an email marketing service such as Aweber, Mailxhimp, 1ShoppingCart, iContact, Constant Contact, and many more. And then people need to know you HAVE a list for them to join by having an optin box on your website to gather names and emails. You can also market your list by posting on your social media networks such as Twitter, Facebook, Google +, and Facebook. Another option is to pay for ad space using Facebook ads, Google Adsense, or even on other sites and blogs within your target market. These options usually have a fee associated with them, but work well because of the abilities you have with them.
Sharing with others is another way to build your list. You can do this through guest blog posts, list sharing with others that have the same market as you, email signature lines, solo ads offered by others, and offering something for free when they join. These ways are usually free of charge or they cost very little, but they work well. You must continually promote your list in order to build your business.
Benefits of List Building
The people that join your list will be truly interested and want to know more about what you offer. You will have the benefit of sharing information to those who will listen. Each time you have a special offer or add something new you’ll be able to share it with your list. Oftentimes, people will either make a purchase or spread the word to those who they come in contact with you might be in need of whatever it is you have to offer.
If you don’t have a list you are missing out on the opportunity to expand your reach. to continually share your offerings with other techniques and you’ll find they aren’t coming. You can market in the same place each time, but if you’re not reaching out to the same people, they won’t see your future posts and miss out on the most valuable thing for them. This is the main reason why it’s important to build your list every day.
List Building Tips / Ideas
There are countless things you can do with your list but you may find you can’t do them all and that’s ok. You need to find two or three strategies that you think will work and then focus on those.
- Freebie – What are you planning to offer in exchange for a persons name and email? Give away something that would be useful. Write an ebook or a PDF report then give it away to your subscribers once they sign up for your list.
- Opt-in Form – Needs to be eye-catching and on every page of your site and in a prominent place (normally above the fold). Using an Optin Box to Grow Your Business List.
- Monetize – figure out how you plan to make money from your list. (product, services, affiliate products, etc.)
- Timing – Choose a day and time in the week to send your newsletter out and then stick to it as best as possible. This will build trust with them and they’ll find when you say you’re going to do something you do and they can rely on that.
- Set up Autoresponder – Depending on what you offer you may be able to create autoresponders that keep your business in front of new and existing list members without doing a thing. This will be beneficial when it comes to those new people that you really want to encourage.
- Provide useful, relevant and unique content. Your visitors will not stay subscribed to your list if you don’t provide unique and valuable information that will be useful for your subscribers. You can also utilize your blog and then set it up so that your subscribers receive an email with the article each time you publish a new post.
- Word of Mouth – Ask that your subscribers or clients spread the word. If you are are providing informative information and content, then people will be more likely to spread the word about you and your business.
The ultimate path to building an active list of subscribers is creating long-term relationships with them. Keeping your business in front of your market is valuable and priceless, but it’s something so many business owners neglect every day. If you’re new to list building or you need help understanding how it works or how to do it, these suggestions will help. You’ll find they explain what’s necessary and how to get it done. When you do you’ll be able to grow your business and be happy with the results.