Tracking the stats for your website will give you the information you need to know what is useful for your visitors and what’s not useful. Once you find out what’s useful you’ll know what changes need to be made to your site so you’ll be able to help your visitors with every aspect of your business. Unfortunately that’s not doable with your cpanel stats so Google Analytics is your best bet and it’s FREE.
Difference Between CPanel and Google Analytics Stats
Cpanel Stats – Your cpanel stats will give you unique visitors, total visitors, page views, link hits, and the total bandwidth for your site. You don’t have the ability to see visitors for each page so you have no idea if they’re visiting the pages that are more important than pages like contact us, about us, and thank you pages. While those are important pages, they’re not as important as other pages that show what you do, what they can purchase, and why they need to use your business.
Google Analytics Stats – The best way to find the stats for every page of your site is to use Google Analytics. Google Analytics will give you the total number of visitors for each page, the unique visitors (brand new visitors), page views, the time your visitors are on your page, and a many other things.
Who can use Google Analytics?
It’s important to know that Google Analytics is not just for big corporations or top websites with major traffic. It’s designed for all business owners (big or small). It doesn’t matter if you’ve been in business for a few months or a few years, it doesn’t matter if your site has been up for a few days or a few months, you will benefit by using Google Analytics.
Benefits of Google Analytics
- Track Online Campaigns – The Google Analytics system is designed to track online campaigns such as keyword and email campaigns. You can use these website statistics to further optimise your campaigns and know what makes a good campaign and whether or not there is room for improvement.
- Find out Where Your Visitors Are Coming From – It is not always easy to figure out HOW your visitors are ending up on your site. But with Google Analytics, you can see the specific pages your visitors are landing on. And my favorite is the fact that you can track which keywords or keyword phrases people are typing in in order to find your site.
- Track Which Campaigns are Successful – Google Analytics provides information about each campaign that you run. This allows you to figure out which campaign is working and which ones aren’t. Better yet, it gives you the information you need to segment your results by referral source, new or returning visitors, etc.
- Allows You To Create Better Content – With the data you get with the Google Analytics reports, you can see which pages on your website are working and which need tweaking. It might just be a matter of adding in some additional keywords or you may find that you need to rework the content all together. But at least you can better understand what works and what doesn’t.
- It’s Free! – There are many comparable website tracking tools out there that you actually have to PAY for. Some hosting companies will even suck you in to pay a monthly fee to track your stats from their website, but it is not necessary. Google Analytics provides just as much or even more info and it is completely free.
Google Analytics Tutorial for Beginners
Here is a helpful video that will walk you through how to use the Google Analytics interface.