10 Must Have WordPress Plugins for the Blogger
When it comes to blogging, the best platform to use is WordPress. There are many reasons why WordPress is so priceless to the serious blogger. One of those reasons is the plugin capability. WordPress has some of the most ingenious plugins, created to help make your WordPress blogging experience beneficial.
With all the plugins for the blogger to use, one wonders which ones are the best. Here are my Top Ten must have WordPress plugins:
• Meta Tag Manager – This simple plugin gives you the ability to add custom meta tags or keywords that will apply to all pages or just the home page of your site. It is so easy all you need to do is upload the plugin, activate it and add your site’s description and list of keywords that are relevant to your site’s content. You could say that this plugin gives your blog its wings, because the right meta tags & keywords really can help you to be ranked well in Google and other search engines.
• CommentLuv – This plugin provides one of the best ways for you to say thank you to your blog readers who comment. It is another simple plugin that allows the commenter to display their most recent post from their blog onto your blog after they leave you a comment. It actually gives other bloggers incentive to leave comments so that they can have a link to their blog added to your site. It is all about reciprocation right?
• TweetThis – This highly customizable plugin adds a “Tweet This Post” link to every post and page on your site. It also has the ability to shortens URLs that are tweeted and can automatically tweet new and scheduled blog posts. This is a great plugin because it allows people to share the best of your content with their Twitter followers. This, in turn, helps to increase your quality traffic. By quality traffic, I mean people who will come back again and may even become subscribers.
• Subscribe to Comments – The plugin does just what it says. It allows the commenter to subscribe to the comments on a specific post and receive email notification as others comment as well. It makes consistent communication possible. You will find some people who carry on a conversation based on your post topic. Great for Google Ranking.
• Google Analytics – This is a powerhouse of a plugin, in that it generates comprehensive site statistics for your site, geared towards website optimization. What makes this plugin so dynamic is that it integrates with many of the other beneficial plugins and tools like Ad Sense, Ad Manager, and Contact Form helping each of them perform in various ways. The only downside to this plugin is that Google will know all of your stats. So you will want to consider the cost, if any.
• Future Posts Calendar – It adds a simple month-by-month calendar that shows all the dates you have posts scheduled for. It highlights the days, so you can see it while in a post. And in addition, if you click a day the Post Timestamp boxes change to that day, month and year. This is a great plugin for editorial purposes because you can see exactly what is going on with your content. Also the Future Posts Calendar helps you not to create duplicate content which can cause a big slap from Google and hurt your ranking.
• Link Within – Take your blog to the next level with this plugin. It is a simple widget that that appears under each post, linking to related stories pulled from your blog archive. This plugin is a great way to engage the reader and gives them a reason to stay and read more. The images make it more appealing than just a list; and helps to increase your page views as well.
• WP125 – For the blogger a good source of income can be to allow advertising from outside sources. A perfect plugin to help you manage your ads more efficiently is the WP125. Because it is so easy to use and has many features like displaying any number of ads you choose and statistics that show how many times an ad was clicked, it leaves you more time to do what matters most for your blog – write.
• WPGreetBox – With features like the ability to show different welcome messages, customizable options, and the option to have the greeting box not show for certain URLs, the WPGreetBox ia perfect plugin for the blogger who wants to increase their blog exposure and build a loyal readership. In a nutshell it gives you the ability to set different messages based on the referrer’s URL. For example, if the referrer is twitter.com, it will encourage the visitor to tweet the post and follow the you on Twitter. This is a great way to build your audience and expertise.
• Contact Form 7 – : If you are looking for a simple contact form plugin that is also flexible, then you might want to consider the Contact Form 7 plugin for your blog. This plugin gives you the options to design the form and mail. You can also manage multiple contact forms which means you can create forms for particular posts or other pages where you want to capture information about your blog visitors.
As you can see, there are many wordpress plugins for the blogger that will help you to run a successful community friendly blog. Your blog will rank well with Google and your audience, when maintained in the right way. Using these plugins is a great way to give your blog the exposure it needs. Of course the most important part of your blog is the content, so be sure to make that a priority as well.